[SciPy-user] decimate

John Hunter jdh2358@gmail....
Sat Oct 25 08:50:31 CDT 2008

One of the functions I used to use a lot in matlab was decimate, which
downsamples data after doing a low pass filter to prevent aliasing.

It would be nice to have an analogous simple function in scipy which
does the same -- I found the example below implementation on google.
Does this look like somthing suitable for inclusion in scipy, or is
there an equivalently easier way to do it with existing scipy tools.
The context of this question is that we are teaching python for
scientific computing this weekend to some students in Calremont who
are trying to wean themselves from the matlab teat

http://snippets.dzone.com/posts/show/1209