[SciPy-user] Problem with numeric array bounds

Ramon Crehuet rcsqtc@iiqab.csic...
Mon Oct 27 12:11:11 CDT 2008

Dear all,
I know Numeric is no longer supported, but we are using an application
(nMoldyn) that uses it, and we are encoutering an unusual problem.
I am using the Numeric 23.8.2 version to create arrays, but there is
something wrong when it comes to create a subarray:
Python 2.5 (r25:51908, Jan 10 2008, 18:01:52)
[GCC 4.1.2 20061115 (prerelease) (SUSE Linux)] on linux2
>>> import Numeric
>>> a=Numeric.array([7,5,1])
>>> a
array([7, 5, 1])
>>> a[0:]
array([7, 5])

The subarray ends at the penultimate element when using ':' On
the other hand, there is no problem when defining sublists. Can be
something wrong with python and/or Numeric installation?

Thanks in advance,

Ramon