[SciPy-user] run=2339 errors=0 failures=3 on ibex

Xavier Gnata xavier.gnata@gmail....
Wed Oct 29 11:49:35 CDT 2008


Ok so there is a simple fix which is fully correct:

-assert_array_almost_equal(x, y, decimal=6, err_msg='', verbose=True)

+assert_array_almost_equal(x, y, decimal=5, err_msg='', verbose=True)

This fix has been proposed a long time ago (07/04/07 )
Where is the problem preventing to merge it?

Nils is not able to reproducec the last faillure. I have to try to understand why...


Xavier

>> Hi,
>>
>> I have compiled scipy svn on ubuntu ibex.
>> It looks fine but I have 3 small failures inn 
>> scipy.test() :
>>
>> ====================================================================== 
>>         
>>
>> FAIL: 
>> test_lapack.test_all_lapack 
>>                                             
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------- 
>>         
>>
>> Traceback (most recent call 
>> last):                                             
>>  File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/nose/case.py", 
>> line 182, in 
>> runTest  
>>    
>> self.test(*self.arg) 
>>                                                      
>>  File 
>> "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/scipy/lib/lapack/tests/esv_tests.py", 
>> line 41, in 
>> check_syevr 
>>                                                        
>>    
>> assert_array_almost_equal(w,exact_w) 
>>                                      
>>  File 
>> "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/numpy/testing/utils.py", 
>> line 
>> 310, in 
>> assert_array_almost_equal 
>>                                                       
>>
>>    header='Arrays are not almost 
>> equal')                                      
>>  File 
>> "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/numpy/testing/utils.py", 
>> line 
>> 295, in 
>> assert_array_compare 
>>                                                           
>>
>>
>>    raise 
>> AssertionError(msg) 
>>                                                 
>> AssertionError: 
>>                                                           
>>     
>>
>> Arrays are not almost 
>> equal 
>>                                                   
>>
>> (mismatch 33.3333333333%)
>> x: array([-0.66992444,  0.48769462,  9.18222713], 
>> dtype=float32)
>> y: array([-0.66992434,  0.48769389,  9.18223045]) 
>>             
>>
>> ======================================================================
>> FAIL: test_lapack.test_all_lapack 
>>                                   
>> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>> Traceback (most recent call last): 
>>                                  
>>  File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/nose/case.py", 
>> line 182, in 
>> runTest
>>    
>> self.test(*self.arg) 
>>                                                   
>>  File 
>> "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/scipy/lib/lapack/tests/esv_tests.py", 
>> line 66, in 
>> check_syevr_irange 
>>                                                 
>>    
>> assert_array_almost_equal(w,exact_w[rslice]) 
>>                              
>>  File 
>> "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/numpy/testing/utils.py", 
>> line 
>> 310, in 
>> assert_array_almost_equal 
>>                                                       
>>
>>    header='Arrays are not almost 
>> equal')                                      
>>  File 
>> "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/numpy/testing/utils.py", 
>> line 
>> 295, in 
>> assert_array_compare 
>>                                                           
>>
>>
>>    raise 
>> AssertionError(msg) 
>>                                                 
>> AssertionError: 
>>                                                           
>>     
>>
>> Arrays are not almost 
>> equal 
>>                                                   
>>
>> (mismatch 33.3333333333%)
>> x: array([-0.66992444,  0.48769462,  9.18222713], 
>> dtype=float32)
>> y: array([-0.66992434,  0.48769389,  9.18223045])
>>
>>
>>     
>
> This is a known failure
>
> http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/scipy/ticket/375
>
> However I cannot reproduce the next failure (test_pbdv)
>
> Nils
>
> ======================================================================
>   
>> FAIL: test_pbdv (test_basic.TestCephes)
>> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>  File 
>> "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/scipy/special/tests/test_basic.py", 
>> line 368, in test_pbdv
>>    assert_equal(cephes.pbdv(1,0),(0.0,0.0))
>>  File 
>> "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/numpy/testing/utils.py", 
>> line 
>> 176, in assert_equal
>>    assert_equal(actual[k], desired[k], 'item=%r\n%s' % 
>> (k,err_msg), 
>> verbose)
>>  File 
>> "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/numpy/testing/utils.py", 
>> line 
>> 183, in assert_equal
>>    raise AssertionError(msg)
>> AssertionError:
>> Items are not equal:
>> item=1
>>
>> ACTUAL: 1.0
>> DESIRED: 0.0
>>
>> I haven't started to have a deep look into this test 
>> code so far.
>> Any ideas?
>>
>> Xavier
>> _______________________________________________
>> SciPy-user mailing list
>> SciPy-user@scipy.org
>> http://projects.scipy.org/mailman/listinfo/scipy-user
>>     
>   
> _______________________________________________
> SciPy-user mailing list
> SciPy-user@scipy.org
> http://projects.scipy.org/mailman/listinfo/scipy-user
>   



More information about the SciPy-user mailing list