[SciPy-user] run=2339 errors=0 failures=3 on ibex

Wed Oct 29 23:35:56 CDT 2008

Xavier Gnata wrote:
> Ok so there is a simple fix which is fully correct:
>
> -assert_array_almost_equal(x, y, decimal=6, err_msg='', verbose=True)
>
> +assert_array_almost_equal(x, y, decimal=5, err_msg='', verbose=True)

The obvious question is does that fix the issue or does it only hide the
problem ? 5 decimals is relatively poor, but float32 can only be
expected to have 7 decimals anyway. And assuming the failure is caused
by different BLAS/LAPACK implementations, it is not rare to see
relatively significant differences between two given BLAS/LAPACK (even
same version but different compilers; I have never seen a BLAS/LAPACK
passing all the netlib LAPACK tests, for example: g77 and gfortran break
them at different places, for example).

Did you use g77 before intrepid (intrepid finally use gfortran as the
default ABI for fortran) ?

cheers,

David