[SciPy-user] modified bessel function of the 2nd/3rd kind
Sun Sep 7 21:18:56 CDT 2008
scipy.special contains these Bessel functions:
* jn -- Bessel function of integer order and real argument.
* jv -- Bessel function of real-valued order and complex argument.
* jve -- Exponentially scaled Bessel function.
* yn -- Bessel function of second kind (integer order).
* yv -- Bessel function of the second kind (real-valued order).
* yve -- Exponentially scaled Bessel function of the second kind.
* kn -- Modified Bessel function of the third kind (integer order).
* kv -- Modified Bessel function of the third kind (real order).
* kve -- Exponentially scaled modified Bessel function of the third kind.
As has been noted on this list before, kn, kv are also, in fact much
more commonly, referred to as mod. Bess. funcs of the *2nd* kind. Can
this info please be updated? Is there any good reason not to have the
help message say "of the second kind (sometimes called the third
As someone who works with these I have never heard them called the 3rd
kind, only the 2nd.
More information about the SciPy-user