[SciPy-user] Illegal instruction

Bernardo Martins Rocha bernardo.rocha@meduni-graz...
Mon Sep 8 14:59:50 CDT 2008

Hi..

I running Opensuse 11 in an AMD Opteron x64. So, I think the CPU
supports SSE2. I'm using the scipy binaries provided by the
opensuse-science repository. The strange thing that I also tried some
examples (written by Travis Oliphant) and I´got the same error when I
call leastsq.

I did the scipy.test(level=1) and I got this error too.

Should I try to install the scipy from the svn repository?

Thanks!
Best regards,
Bernardo M. Rocha

Message: 3
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2008 17:03:49 +0200
From: bernardo martins rocha <bernardo.rocha@meduni-graz.at>
Subject: [SciPy-user] Illegal Instruction
To: scipy-user@scipy.org

Hi Guys,

i'm trying to use scipy.optimize.leastsq but whenever I call it I get
the following error:

/"In [13]: p0 = [0.5,1,0.5,1] # initial guesses

In [14]: guessfit = dbexpl(t,p0)

In [15]: pbest = leastsq(residuals,p0,args=(data,t),full_output=1)
Illegal instruction"

/What does this error mean? I don't think it's is a error in the way I'm

calling the method because I haven't changed my script that was working
fine some weeks ago.

Thanks in advance!
Bernardo M. Rocha
/
/

------------------------------

Message: 4
On Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 10:03, bernardo martins rocha
<bernardo.rocha@meduni-graz.at> wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> i'm trying to use scipy.optimize.leastsq but whenever I call it I get
> the following error:
>
> /"In [13]: p0 = [0.5,1,0.5,1] # initial guesses
>
> In [14]: guessfit = dbexpl(t,p0)
>
> In [15]: pbest = leastsq(residuals,p0,args=(data,t),full_output=1)
> Illegal instruction"
>
> /What does this error mean? I don't think it's is a error in the way
I'm
> calling the method because I haven't changed my script that was
working
> fine some weeks ago.

Are you on Windows? Which scipy binaries are you using? Does your CPU
support SSE2?

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."
 -- Umberto Eco

End of SciPy-user Digest, Vol 61, Issue 10