[SciPy-user] need an IDL-like rebin function

Angus McMorland amcmorl@gmail....
Tue Sep 9 13:57:05 CDT 2008

2008/9/9 Ken Dere <kdere@gmu.edu>:
> Gael Varoquaux <gael.varoquaux <at> normalesup.org> writes:
>

>> On Tue, Sep 09, 2008 at 04:12:00PM +0000, Ken Dere wrote:
>> > I have tried to use zoom as a rebin-like function but it's behavior at the
>> > edges of the array is not acceptable and I don't seem to be able to
> influence
>> > this behavior.  Actually, I don't even want interpolation at this point.
>>
>> You might find useful examples on the following page:
>>
>> http://www.scipy.org/Cookbook/Rebinning
>>
>> HTH,
>>
>> Gaël
>>

> Thanks.  I looked at them.  I could not get them to work and their indexing
> logic was so complicated I would never be able to fix them.

What wasn't working? It's good for the cookbook examples to be a)
functional and b) well documented, so if there is a problem we should
try to fix it. All the examples have worked correctly for me in the
past, but I haven't used them for a while.

Angus.
--
AJC McMorland
Post-doctoral research fellow