[SciPy-user] How to give a name to a figure?

Mathieu Dubois mathieu.dubois@limsi...
Mon Sep 15 11:13:36 CDT 2008

Hi,

I'm a beginner in scipy and I have a small problem with figures. Let me
explain.

I have to plot complicated data so I have a lot of figures. I have set
title and axes names.

My problem is that the windows are titled with things like 'Figure 1',
'Figure 2' etc. Is it possible to set this name to something more
understable? Apparently title() changes the name of the plots inside the
figure.

My goal is to save (with savefig()) them with a nice name say
'title.png' (where title would be replaced by the title of my figure).

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Mathieu