[SciPy-user] scipy build fails on Linux-x86-64 with custom ATLAS

David Warde-Farley dwf@cs.toronto....
Thu Sep 18 16:56:05 CDT 2008

On 18-Sep-08, at 5:31 PM, Robin wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 10:23 PM, David Warde-Farley
> <dwf@cs.toronto.edu> wrote:
>>        ../configure -m 2400 -b 64 -D c -DPentiumCPS=2400 --prefix=/
>> usr/
>> local/atlas --with-netlib-lapack=../../lapack-3.1.1/lapack_LINUX.a -
>> Fa acg '-fPIC'
>
> I've always used -Fa alg '-fPIC' - this is also suggested on the
> wiki page:
> http://scipy.org/Installing_SciPy/Linux
>
> Perhaps this could make a difference? I think acg is only C compilers,
> while the l includes fortran as well - since the error your getting is
> coming from a Fortran library I think it's likely this could fix it.

I just figured that out myself. As usual, one character makes all the
difference. :(

That, and I didn't know such a wiki page existed. Oh well. Problem
solved.

Thanks for the quick reply,

David