[SciPy-user] delays and odeint

Rob Clewley rob.clewley@gmail....
Thu Sep 18 23:32:52 CDT 2008

> I am trying to do some dynamics systems modeling, specifically modeling
> population dynamics.  One piece of the model involves a delay, where you
> have something like:
> dy=x-delay(x,10)

If you just want to solve the problem, I actually recommend using the
XPPAUT program. It's great for that kind of thing, is easy to install,
and even has a graphical interface. Unfortunately I can't say my own
python dynamics package has support for delayed systems yet, although
I think PyDDE looks good if you must have a python solution.

-Rob