[SciPy-user] Talkbox 0.1: a scikits for signal processing processing with a focus on audio

Ryan May rmay31@gmail....
Mon Sep 22 13:36:55 CDT 2008

David Cournapeau wrote:
> Hi there,
>
>     A quick email to announce the first release of talkbox, a new scikit
> of mine. It aims at providing missing features in scipy for signal
> processing, with a focus on audio (speech and music mostly). The 0.1 is
> mainly a refactoring of some random code I got lying around on my machine:
>
> http://www.ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp/members/david/softwares/talkbox/index.html
>
> Code available on scikits svn. For this 0.1 release:
>
>     - code for linear prediction coding (LPC) computation: it solves the
> Yule Walker equations, both with the straightforward system inversion
> and Levinson Durbin.  A C implementation of Levinson Durbin for real,
> double autocorrelation is available: it should be reasonably fast
> (should be at least comparable to matlab lpc implementation I think).
>     - methods for spectral estimation: basic periodogram is implemented.

Interesting stuff.  Given that some of this is generally quite useful
across the board (Levinson Durbin, periodogram), I'm hoping that at some
point it would be possible to push this into mainline SciPy (after a
period of showing stability and utility)?

Ryan

--
Ryan May
Graduate Research Assistant