[SciPy-user] Talkbox 0.1: a scikits for signal processing processing with a focus on audio

Mon Sep 22 13:57:22 CDT 2008

Ryan May wrote:

> Interesting stuff.  Given that some of this is generally quite useful
> across the board (Levinson Durbin, periodogram), I'm hoping that at some
> point it would be possible to push this into mainline SciPy (after a
> period of showing stability and utility)?

yes, that's one stated goal, and the reason why I use BSD code only (I
could go faster using for example fftw for a lot of dct and co). The
plan was to get 1.0 to implement most of the things I need for signal
processing available in matlab (general), and then for 2.0, more
specialized stuff (MDCT, mfcc, etc...).

cheers,

David