[SciPy-user] Installation from source on OS X: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'link_shared_object'

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Tue Sep 23 12:39:48 CDT 2008

On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 09:23, Michael Williams <williams@astro.ox.ac.uk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm having trouble installing scipy-0.6.0.tar.gz according to the
> instructions on http://www.scipy.org/Installing_SciPy/Mac_OS_X.
>
> When I run "python setup.py build_src build_clib --fcompiler=gnu95
> build_ext --fcompiler=gnu95 build" I get the following error (email
> continues below):

Can you show us more of the build log? Particularly the parts during
the Fortran compiler detection. What version of numpy are you using?

> I get a different error when I try to build using g77 by doing "python
> setup.py build_src build_clib --fcompiler=gnu build_ext --
> fcompiler=gnu build":

Yeah, you just can't use g77 with a Universal Python.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."
 -- Umberto Eco