[SciPy-user] Inconsistent standard deviation and variance implementation in scipy vs. scipy.stats

Stéfan van der Walt stefan@sun.ac...
Thu Sep 25 02:50:28 CDT 2008

2008/9/25 David Cournapeau <cournape@gmail.com>:
> I suggested some time ago to deprecate scipy.stats current signature
> for 0.7, and set the new one in 0.8. If that's fine with you, we could
> do that. I don't feel confortable changing a function in scipy.stats
> (because it is not "my" module), but OTOH, nobody reacted last time we
> had this discussion, so maybe we should just do it.

Yes, do it.  If someone complains, that's why we have SVN.  The SciPy
API is not (and cannot be) frozen -- it is still too immature, so
let's get it up to scratch ASAP.

Cheers
Stéfan