[SciPy-user] Installation from source on OS X: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'link_shared_object'

Michael Williams williams@astro.ox.ac...
Fri Sep 26 19:02:37 CDT 2008

On 27 Sep 2008, at 00:14, Robert Kern wrote:
> I very much recommend against using the binaries from HPC. They
> release binaries for buggy bleeding-edge versions of gfortran, and
> don't keep previous versions around.

Thanks for the heads-up. I'm not experienced with Fortran.

> I have had *much* more luck with
> the binaries over here:
>
>  http://r.research.att.com/tools/
>
> Since you don't have admin privileges, you need to do a little command
> line work instead of just being able to use the installer. Mount
> gfortran-4.2.3.dmg. At the terminal:

That procedure to install the compiler worked fine, and scipy itself
seems to have built cleanly using it.

Thanks very much!

-- Mike