[SciPy-user] Simulink API to Python?

Xiangyu Ding xiangyuding@gmail....
Sat Apr 4 13:16:16 CDT 2009

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions.

Neal wrote:
> For what it's worth, electrical engineers used to design using schematics.
> Now design is described in text.  There's a reason for this.  Schematics are
> only useful for simple designs.  Once they become more complex, it's much
> more efficient to work with text.  Not to mention the ability to manipulate
> text, and the ability to transfer text-based designs between systems.

I guess I need to clarify that the software I'm writing is for
Reliability analysis purpose and lots of the system that it will be
used to test have schematics in Simulink, that's the main reason I
have to work with Simulink. I was considering porting everything to
python if there were parser that will convert Simulink model into some
equivalent model in python, the gui doesn't really matter. but I don't
know of any tools that will do this.