[SciPy-user] [ANN][optimization] OpenOpt 0.23

Stéfan van der Walt stefan@sun.ac...
Sun Apr 5 16:48:29 CDT 2009

2009/4/4 Matthieu Brucher <matthieu.brucher@gmail.com>:
> GenericOpt is not finished, I think. It lacks several tools, but the
> basis is there. For the moment, the design is ready for any
> unconstrained optimization, provided you implement some of the missing
> tools (for instance rank updates, ...).
> The problem is, I don't have much time to complete this now I'm
> outside the university and I don't work that much with Python ATM :(

I would hate to see GenericOpt disappear, though.  I think it can be a
very handy educational and research tool.  If we document its
deficiencies, it can be packaged as a SciKit?

Regards
Stéfan