[SciPy-user] Orthogonal polynomial evaluation

Pauli Virtanen pav@iki...
Mon Apr 13 15:09:58 CDT 2009

Mon, 13 Apr 2009 20:00:36 +0000, Pauli Virtanen wrote:
[clip]
> The problem is that the current code in orthogonal.py only computes the
> coefficients in the 1, x, x^2, ... basis, so we don't have specialized
> algorithms for evaluating the polynomials.

Sorry, this was inaccurate. The algorithms actually compute the
polynomial roots and an overall coefficient.

I wonder if simply making orthopoly1d evaluate the polynomials using the
Newton scheme would fix stability issues... Needs some thinking.

--
Pauli Virtanen