[SciPy-user] Orthogonal polynomial evaluation

Pauli Virtanen pav@iki...
Wed Apr 15 03:10:50 CDT 2009

Wed, 15 Apr 2009 03:52:21 -0400, Andrew York kirjoitti:
[clip]
> I found an inelegant but satisfactory solution to my problem,
> perhaps. I'm more comfortable with MATLAB than FORTRAN, and the MATLAB
> algorithm here:
>
>     https://people.sc.fsu.edu/~burkardt/m_src/polpak/jacobi_poly.m
>
> was very straightforward to translate into python. Perhaps this
> algorithm is similar or equivalent to what Paul Virtanen suggested?

Yes, this was the idea.

Thanks for the links. Unfortunately, we cannot really translate these
codes, due to license issues. (It's LGPL, which is incompatible with BSD.)

However, based on a quick look, it appears that they are straightforward
implementations of the algorithm from Abramowitz & Stegun chapter 22.18.
These should be straightforward to implement (using Cython indeed seems
like a good idea here).

--
Pauli Virtanen