[SciPy-user] Build error on PPC Mac OS X 10.4

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Wed Apr 15 21:43:31 CDT 2009

On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 21:34, Adam Mercer <ramercer@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 20:34, Robert Kern <robert.kern@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Sorry, I'm aware of the "universal" flag in MacPorts. My question was
>> intended to ask for the specific details about how you try to tell
>> scipy not to build Universal.
>
> I was under the impression that if all the dependencies its building
> against are non-universal, that scipy would build non-universal? Is
> this not the case?

We do try to determine if the gfortran is capable of accepting the
-arch flags before using them, but it appears this mechanism is not
the one adding -arch ppc. It must be coming from somewhere else. Are
you using any $LDFLAGS?

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."