[SciPy-user] 64 bit on Mac?

Michael Abshoff michael.abshoff@googlemail....
Fri Apr 17 14:27:17 CDT 2009

Stéfan van der Walt wrote:
> Hi Adam
>
> 2009/4/17 Keflavich <keflavich@gmail.com>:
>> Hi folks, I'd really like to work with some of the large images I
>> have; I work on a galactic plane survey that has lots of images with
>> ~10^8 floating point pixels.  I'm also using a mac.  Unfortunately I
>> can't get a 64-bit version of python compiled and google has been
>> unhelpful in resolving the problem.  Is there a workaround to get 64
>> bit numpy working without 64 bit python installed?  I doubt that, but
>> if anyone has tips I'd appreciate them.
>
> I think SAGE has a 64-bit version available.  Try it with

You can build such a release, but it isn't available from the default
tarball yet. The goal for Sage 4.0 out in a month is to add official
support for it. But we haven't updated to numpy 1.3 and scipy 0.7 yet,
but you can expect that to happen in the next couple weeks. Maybe scipy
0.7.1 will be ouy by then.

> sage -python
>
> or
>
> sage-python