[SciPy-user] building 64bit scipy

David Cournapeau cournape@gmail....
Mon Apr 20 10:10:47 CDT 2009

On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 10:53 PM, David Cournapeau
<david@ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp> wrote:
> Hi Dan,
>
> Dan Yamins wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm trying to build scipy 64bit binaries.  I'm on OS10.5.6, and using
>> python2.6 built as 64bit universal from macports.
>>
>> When I run:
>>     python2.6 setup.py install
>>
>> the build doesn't fail along the way.
>>
>> However, when I then go into python and try something, e.g. "from
>> scipy import linalg",  I get the error
>
> That's because the fortran compiler flags do not handle the x86_64 arch.

Actually, if you don't mind build numpy by yourself from the trunk, it
should now handle the x86_64 arch. I did not test this thoroughly, but
it is working when scipy is built from a 64 bits python, and it looks
like it does not break 32 bits python.

cheers,

David