[SciPy-user] building 64bit scipy

David Cournapeau cournape@gmail....
Mon Apr 20 10:51:12 CDT 2009

On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 12:33 AM, Dan Yamins <dyamins@gmail.com> wrote:

> I guess you obviously don't mean the second thing (e.g. the one shell
> command)??

Actually, I mean the second one :)

> Maybe a better way to ask this is:   could you give me a step-by-step
> description of exactly what I should do?   E.g. which files to edit, where,
> and then what shell commans to run.

Just copy and paste the given command in the terminal - or better,
install numpy first from svn, so that you don't need any other
command.

> Mostly until now for installing python packages that have setup.py files for
> setuptools installations, I've just been using the setuptools, and not
> running any compiler configuration steps or makes.

Most python packages do not use fortran. Numpy/scipy are not
conventional packages in that respect, because they use much more
compiled code than usually.

David