[SciPy-user] Using savemat with (nested) NumPy record arrays?

Matthew Brett matthew.brett@gmail....
Wed Apr 22 23:09:22 CDT 2009

Hi,

> 2.  However, I didn't get any data showing up in MATLAB after loading my
> file, unless I made sure that all of the arrays had a shape with at least
> one dimension.

There was a bug in scipy 0.7 release - do you have the latest SVN?
Does that work?

> The problem I'm running into now is that the savemat function is too slow.
>  The top level of data I'm trying to save is an array of structures.  It
> seems that the time for savemat increases exponentially as the number of
> records in this structure array increases.  Is there a better way to
> organize the storage of data into savemat, or is there a simple way to
> modify savemat to speed it up?

Yes, that's a known problem as well.  The hope is that the current SVN
implementation is a lot faster.  I'd be very glad of your feedback
about that...

Thanks,

Matthew