[SciPy-user] Sparse factorisation

Nathan Bell wnbell@gmail....
Thu Apr 30 22:47:38 CDT 2009

On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 11:54 AM, Gael Varoquaux
<gael.varoquaux@normalesup.org> wrote:

> I have dug a bit further. It seems that all that needs to be done is
> expose the L, U, perm_c and perm_r attributes of the SciPyLUObject (AKA
> factored_lu object) returned by splu. Of course this easier said than
> done, as exposing these objects requires creating scipy sparse matrices
> from the inner SuperLU representation of these objects.
>
> I'd really appreciate if someone (most probably Nathan) could give me a
> hand with this. I realise that I am asking people to do my work, and I
> know exactly what my reaction is when someone comes around to me with
> this request (ie, not happy), but I am not sure I have to time required
> to learn the library and the tools to do this myself, and would hate to
> have to find an ugly workaround (this does sound like a bad excuse).

Hi Gael,

I hate to disappoint, but I don't have enough free time right now.  If
you or someone else wants to give it a try I can probably provide some
support.

I don't know what's "broken" in the umfpack wrappers, but I suspect
they may be the path of least resistance.

--
Nathan Bell wnbell@gmail.com
http://graphics.cs.uiuc.edu/~wnbell/