[SciPy-User] ANN: visvis

Almar Klein almar.klein@gmail....
Tue Dec 1 08:36:16 CST 2009

Hi all,

I should have tested visvis on IPython before publishing it. I use an
IDE that hijacks and keeps up to date the mainloops of qt4 and wx.
Therefore visvis does not work out of the box for most people. This is
now fixed (available in the next version of via svn).

In the Python and Ipython shell one has to apply the following to use
visvis interactively:
import visvis as vv
vv.use('qt4') # Use this for version 1.0. In newer version this will
not be required.

This works for QT. Unfortunately, this does not work for wxPython
though, but I'm looking into this.

Almar