[SciPy-User] ANN: visvis

Almar Klein almar.klein@gmail....
Wed Dec 2 02:43:12 CST 2009

Hi Martin,

I've no experience with mayavi, so I 'm not sure about the differences.
Visvis is purely a visualization library, so (other than reading and
writing images) it has not much import/export functionality.

For what it's worth: when visualizing clouds with a large amount of
points in visvis, you can chose your markers such that only OpenGl
points are used (otherwise visvis uses sprites, which can be slower,
especially for large amount of points). To do this, chose the markers
of the Line object to be circles or squares, and if you use an alpha
value smaller than 1, do not use a marker edge.

Almar