[SciPy-User] Pickling timeseries Dates

Robert Ferrell ferrell@diablotech....
Thu Dec 10 08:41:28 CST 2009

On Dec 10, 2009, at 7:27 AM, Pierre GM wrote:

> On Dec 10, 2009, at 9:05 AM, Robert Ferrell wrote:
>> IIRC, timeseries Date objects cannot be pickled.
>
> Unfortunately, that's true. Gonna have to fix that. However,
> DateArrays and TimeSeries are pickable. You may want to put your
> Date in a single-element DateArray

Great hint.  I had just assumed DateArrays and TimeSeries couldn't be
pickled because Dates can't be pickled.  This makes it all much
easier.  I've been str() single Date instances, which has been working
fine.  single-element DateArray is probably easier.

>> I'm now trying to do
>> some parallel computation.  Using IPython, pickling seems to be
>> integral parallel computing.  I'm not sure about the python
>> multiprocessing module yet.
>>
>> My question is, how do I do parallel computation with timeseries
>> data?
>

> Well, you entered unchartered territories, sorry... Let me know how
> it goes

First I have to learn some basic Python multiprocessing stuff.

Thanks,
-robert