[SciPy-User] Parallelizing a for loop

Thu Dec 24 14:10:45 CST 2009

On Thu, Dec 24, 2009 at 10:02 AM, Scott Askey <scotta_2002@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Also, where might I find guidance for how to get rid of for loops/

The reason I asked is that there are a couple of finite element packages
available for python. Two of them are SfePy <http://sfepy.org/> and
FiPy<http://www.ctcms.nist.gov/fipy/>.
I don't know if either is directly applicable to your problem. As to fsolve,
are you directly computing the Jacobian or do you let the routine compute it
numerically?

Chuck