[SciPy-User] [ANN] pandas 0.1, a new NumPy-based data analysis library

Ernest Adrogué eadrogue@gmx....
Sat Dec 26 10:41:50 CST 2009

25/12/09 @ 18:31 (-0500), thus spake Wes McKinney:
[...]
> Main Features
> =============
>
> * Data structures: for 1, 2, and 3 dimensional labeled data
>   sets. Some of their main features include:
>
>     * Automatically aligning data
>     * Handling missing observations in calculations
>     * Convenient slicing and reshaping ("reindexing") functions
>     * Provide 'group by' aggregation or transformation functionality
>     * Tools for merging / joining together data sets
>     * Simple matplotlib integration for plotting
[...]

This looks great. I was really missing a convenient data
structure like DataFrame and DataMatrix in Numpy... I think
they will come in very handy!!

Cheers.

Ernest