[SciPy-user] shared memory machines

Gideon Simpson simpson@math.toronto....
Sun Feb 1 09:03:30 CST 2009

Yes, but I'm talking about when you have a multiprocessor/multicore
system, not a commodity cluster.  In these shared memory
configurations, were I using compiled code, I'd be able to use OpenMP
to take advantage of the additional cores/processors.  I'm wondering
if anyone has looked at ways to take advantage of such configurations
with scipy.

-gideon