[SciPy-user] python alternative to java rich ajax platform (RAP) for a thin client of a mathematical model?

Marko Loparic marko.loparic@gmail....
Sun Feb 1 14:55:44 CST 2009

Hi,

Do you know a python alternative to rich ajax platform (RAP)?

For the development of a user interface for a mathematical model
someone suggested me to use eclipse and that tool:

http://www.eclipse.org/rap/
http://www.eclipse.org/rap/about.php

If I understand correctly it allows you to design very easily a web
client interacting with your application (in particular you write no
javascript and the powerful javascript routines from qooxdoo are
called for you). It seems to be a very interesting package except
that... it is in java. So I would like to know if there is something
with similar power made in python.

Alternatively I would like to know if there is a way to use this tool
doing the minimum in java and the most in python (probably not...).

Thanks!
Marko

(sorry for crossposting with comp.lang.python, but it seems that scipy
community is quite different)