[SciPy-user] help with scipy.stats.mannwhitneyu

Pierre GM pgmdevlist@gmail....
Thu Feb 5 12:11:55 CST 2009

On Feb 5, 2009, at 1:03 PM, Sturla Molden wrote:

> On 2/5/2009 6:46 PM, josef.pktd@gmail.com wrote:
>
>> so whether bigU or smallU is used in the calculation of z doesn't
>> matter, I have no idea why in this specific implementation both are
>> calculated if smallU would be enough.
>
> By the way, there is a fucntion scipy.stats.ranksums that does a
> Wilcoxon rank-sum test. It seems to be using a large-sample
> approximation, and has no correction for tied ranks.

Please keep in mind that some of the tests have been reimplemented in
scipy.stats.mstats to support masked/missing values in scipy.mstats
and to take ties into accounts ...
I trust y'all to let me know of any inconsistencies between the masked/
unmasked versions, whether in terms of signatures or assumptions.
Thx a lot in advance...