[SciPy-user] shared memory machines

Mon Feb 9 02:23:44 CST 2009

On Mon, Feb 09, 2009 at 07:15:11AM +0100, Gael Varoquaux wrote:
> It really was. Thanks a lot. I need to do a few more checks, but I
> believe I have a first version of some code sharing arrays by name.

OK, I have a first working version under Unix (attached, with trivial
test case).

Now we need to make it so that the ndarray can be used in the
mutliprocessing function call, rather than the buffer object. In other
words we need to create an object that behaves as an ndarray, but
implements a different pickling method. What do people suggest as a best
approach here? Subclassing ndarray?

Cheers,

Gaël