[SciPy-user] shared memory machines

Sturla Molden sturla@molden...
Mon Feb 9 05:28:59 CST 2009

On 2/9/2009 9:23 AM, Gael Varoquaux wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 09, 2009 at 07:15:11AM +0100, Gael Varoquaux wrote:
>> It really was. Thanks a lot. I need to do a few more checks, but I
>> believe I have a first version of some code sharing arrays by name.
>
> OK, I have a first working version under Unix (attached, with trivial
> test case).

By the way, how is memory reclaimed under your Posix code?

On Windows, a memory mapping is removed when there is no open handles to
it. That is what the Handle object does (i.e. preventing a sytem wide
memory leak).

On System V IPC a shared segment it has to be marked for removal, i.e.
there are no reference counting in the kernel as in Windows. So I was
thinking out marking it for removal when the attachment count is zero.
But as you have used Posix V IPC I have no idea. Just make sure it does
not produce a global memory leak.

S.M.