[SciPy-user] Problem with scipy.linalg and LAPACK.

John Hanks jbh@broad.mit....
Tue Feb 10 11:25:50 CST 2009

On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 10:55 AM, Michael Abshoff
<michael.abshoff@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Yes, it was a long short, but given the statement that John retried with
> Lapack 3.1.1 it seems odd. I don't know if he wiped the build directory
> and all that, so the problem might be something simple like that.

Never attribute to software what can be explained by John's
incompetence. I removed all traces of the libraries, scipy and numpy
source and started over fresh. After rebuilding everything with the
3.1.1 LAPACK instead of 3.2 I now have a working version. It looks
like 3.2 got stuck somewhere and wouldn't go away.

Thanks for your help,

jbh