[SciPy-user] shared memory machines

Sturla Molden sturla@molden...
Wed Feb 11 06:31:53 CST 2009

On 2/11/2009 12:46 PM, Gael Varoquaux wrote:

> So I found a few more simple errors in the code and fixed them (code
> attached). The garbage collector thread lock multiprocessing.

  def __dealloc__(SharedMemoryBuffer self):
     print 'Calling __dealloc__ on buffer at %s' \
             % <unsigned long> self.mapped_address #DBG
     self.handle.dealloc()

Why do you do this? The Handle should self destruct. Anyway, this is
evil and will possibly case multiprocessing to hang, as well as segfaults.

Sturla