[SciPy-user] speaker crossover gui app project needs help

Jürgen Herrmann Juergen.Herrmann@XLhost...
Wed Feb 11 16:08:15 CST 2009

hi there!

i'm currently coding on a python gui application, that will generate
coefficients and config for brutefir, a software convolution
engine ( http://www.ludd.luth.se/~torger/brutefir.html ).

the application offers signal routing between different filters
and should allow the design of multi-way crossovers for speakers.

i'm totally new to dsp and came accross scipy, which really looks
interesting to me, but i have to admit that i hardly understand
what i'm doing right now. i have been playing around with
signal.butter and signal.remez and integrated basic fr graph
plotting for them. but i simply lack the mathematical background
for going deeper atm.

my wishlist for configurable filters (in order of priority) would be:
- low/higpass with configurable -3db freq and slope (preferrably in
  db/octave)
- shelving low/highpass with configurable freq. slope and gain
- notch/gain with freq, gain and q settings
- all outputs will have configurable delay and gain (already
  implemented)

so if someone with knowledge on this stuff and some hours for
discussion on this topic, feel free to chime in!

a screenshot of the current working state can be found here:
http://t5.by/pyjackfir/screens/screen01.png
by the time i have at least one basic filter type going i will
release this (gpled) project.

best regards and i'm looking forward to your answers.

jürgen herrmann

--
>> XLhost.de - eXperts in Linux hosting ® <<

XLhost.de GmbH
Jürgen Herrmann, Geschäftsführer
Boelckestrasse 21, 93051 Regensburg, Germany

Geschäftsführer: Volker Geith, Jürgen Herrmann
Registriert unter: HRB9918
Umsatzsteuer-Identifikationsnummer: DE245931218

Fon:  +49 (0)700 XLHOSTDE [0700 95467833]
Fax:  +49 (0)700 XLHOSTDE [0700 95467833]

WEB:  http://www.XLhost.de
IRC:  #XLhost@irc.quakenet.org