[SciPy-user] Help on installation of scipy

Thu Feb 12 19:33:50 CST 2009

Hi Tao,

yelver huang wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have encountered some problems on installing scipy on Windows,
> though it's quite simple. There is no fault for me to import numpy
> from Python25, but after I install the binary file of scipy, I could
> not import it. The error it shows is:

First, what does the following command tell you:

python -c "import numpy; print numpy.version.version; print numpy.__file__"

This gives both versions and numpy package location (I suspect that you
have several numpy installs, and that scipy does not pick up the one you
expect). How did you install numpy and scipy ? Did you use easy_install ?

cheers,

David