[SciPy-user] Help on installation of scipy

yelver huang yelvergm@gmail....
Thu Feb 12 20:21:33 CST 2009

Hi David, Thank you so much for you help. I have execute the command you
suggest and the result is as you expected: the version is 1.0.4, and the
result of 'print numpy.__file__' is: 'G:\Program Files\MGLTools
1.5.2\MGLToolsPckgs\numpy\__init__.pyc'

This relates to my previously installed software Autodock, so can you give
me some suggestion on what I can do further in order to implement numpy and
scipy?

Cheers,

Tao

On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 8:33 PM, David Cournapeau <
david@ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp> wrote:

> Hi Tao,
>
> yelver huang wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I have encountered some problems on installing scipy on Windows,
> > though it's quite simple. There is no fault for me to import numpy
> > from Python25, but after I install the binary file of scipy, I could
> > not import it. The error it shows is:
>
> First, what does the following command tell you:
>
> python -c "import numpy; print numpy.version.version; print numpy.__file__"
>
> This gives both versions and numpy package location (I suspect that you
> have several numpy installs, and that scipy does not pick up the one you
> expect). How did you install numpy and scipy ? Did you use easy_install ?
>
> cheers,
>
> David

Tao-wei Huang
Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
Phone: 518-275-7997