[SciPy-user] Help on installation of scipy

yelver huang yelvergm@gmail....
Thu Feb 12 20:48:11 CST 2009

Hi David,
Thank you for your suggestion, I have uninstall the software of Autodock,
which I might not use at present. And now there is no error after I import
scipy. Hopefully I can start learn scipy now.

Cheers,

Tao

On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 9:19 PM, David Cournapeau <
david@ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp> wrote:

> yelver huang wrote:
> > Hi David, Thank you so much for you help. I have execute the command
> > you suggest and the result is as you expected: the version is 1.0.4,
> > and the result of 'print numpy.__file__' is: 'G:\Program
> > Files\MGLTools 1.5.2\MGLToolsPckgs\numpy\__init__.pyc'
> >
> > This relates to my previously installed software Autodock, so can you
> > give me some suggestion on what I can do further in order to implement
> > numpy and scipy?
>
> I don't know autodock, but I would guess that it adds MGLToolsPckgs to
> your PYTHONPATH environment variable. Ideally, if autodock uses its own
> local python packages, it should keep them private - if you put
> C:\Python25\libs\site-packages in front of your PYTHONPATH, I am afraid
> it will break autodock. That may be an issue worth discussing with
> autodock people,
>
> David

Tao-wei Huang
Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
Phone: 518-275-7997