[SciPy-user] Ubuntu pythonxy and Numpy 1.2.1 and Scipy 0.7.0;

Askey Scott A Capt AFIT/ENY Scott.Askey@afit....
Fri Feb 13 14:15:29 CST 2009

#Out of curiosity, what is it from pythonxy that would make you want it
rather than the stock packages? Or are you just thinking #of it as a
quick way to get latest version of the various packages onto your
machine? (I do understand the issue that Ubuntu #lags
numpy/scipy/matplotlib releases quite a bit.)

#-Andrew

I wanted to install pythonxy for the IDE and to get more up to date
packages such as pytable 2.1,  sympy 6.3 and  scipy  .7.

Pythonxy-linux only supports one linux ubuntu 8.04 and I am not even
sure it provides a version newer than the standard ubuntu distro.

Cheers

Scott