[SciPy-user] integrate.odeint problem

Johann Rohwer jr@sun.ac...
Mon Feb 16 07:47:52 CST 2009

Hi Peter

Try increasing the parameter mxstep (default is 500) in the odeint
function call to a higher value (such as 1000 or 3000). We are using
SciPy's odeint in our Python based systems biology simulation
software PySCeS (http://pysces.sf.net) and have found quite regularly
for biological models that an mxstep value of 500 is insufficient.
Incidentally, when PySCeS encounters this situation, it automatically
increments the mxstep value and re-simulates....

In general, we have been able to get good agreement with PySCeS and
Jarnac simulating the same model, so I'd be surprised if this does
not fix it.

Regards
Johann