[SciPy-user] Simple plot problem

Tue Feb 17 05:38:52 CST 2009

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 02:56:08AM -0800, Guilherme P. de Freitas wrote:
> In part the documentation did not help be because a specification of
> valid input was not available, but also in part because there isn't
> a single *simple* example of Mlab worked out. I suppose plotting
> simple (x,y) |-> z function is probably not the intended use of
> Mlab, but given the lack of other 3d plotting alternatives in
> Python, it can be very useful.

The plotting of a simple (x, y) -> function is definitely part of the
intended use of mlab. I don't understand why you say that there isn't a
single simple example, isn't the following acceptable:
http://code.enthought.com/projects/mayavi/docs/development/html/mayavi/auto/mlab_helper_functions.html#enthought.mayavi.mlab.surf ?

Did you not find this example. In which case we must make it clearer.

Cheers,

Gaël