[SciPy-user] odeint for calculating trajectories

Rob Clewley rob.clewley@gmail....
Tue Feb 17 16:40:04 CST 2009

> I understand the idea of the curve fitting.  But I'm having trouble seeing
> how to take the krogh_interpolator in scipy and apply it to a 2, or better
> yet, 3 dimensional problem.  Any pointers?

Off the top of my head I would think you can interpolate the x(t) and
y(t) parts separately, i.e. make it a parametric problem. You have the
individual derivatives dx/dt and dy/dt, and when you have the two
curve components interpolated you can reconstruct the curve in 2D.
Does that help?

-Rob