[SciPy-user] Fwd: signal.lti(A,B,C,D) with D=0

William Purcell williamhpurcell@gmail....
Wed Feb 18 13:00:43 CST 2009

I was thinking the same thing. I am working on a thin wrapper over
ltisys to do tests on the dimensions of the output and then looping if
there is any stitching to be done. I was also thinking that I could
loop over the inputs first and then in a sub-routine, loop over the
outputs to come up with a two-dimensional list of what ever I need.
For example, if I am passing a MIMO system to signal.lti, each of the
representation conversions would be in matrix/list form corresponding
to each input/output relationship. Or lti could test if its a MIMO or
even SIMO and make a matrix/list of lti instances which would each
have there own alternative representations through ss2zpk/ss2tf etc
(which might be the cleaner of the two alternatives.) Do you think
this would be a feature for ltisys (I don't think it would take much
time to implement), or do you think that it is hackish and ltisys
should stick to SISO systems?