[SciPy-user] remezord() ticket #475

Scott Sinclair scott.sinclair.za@gmail....
Fri Feb 20 08:50:15 CST 2009

> 2009/2/20 Stéfan van der Walt <stefan@sun.ac.za>:
> Hi Günter
>
> 2009/2/20 Günter Dannoritzer <dannoritzer@web.de>:
>> I am trying to implement a FIR filter with SciPy and for the design
>> would first like to estimate the order I will need. I noticed that there
>> is no remezord() function like in Matlab, but it has been submitted as
>> patch with ticket #475. However, that function is not scheduled to be
>> included in any of the next releases.
>
> Would you like to help?  We need to reformat the docstring according
> to the NumPy standard, and add tests to make sure that all those new
> functions do what they're supposed to.  If you can provide the tests,
> that would help a great deal!

There are some guidelines on writing tests here:

http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/numpy/wiki/TestingGuidelines

If you don't have nose installed, you could make tests that run with
the standard Python module unittest
(http://docs.python.org/library/unittest.html). Nose will pick these
up automatically and has many extra features that make it more
attractive than unittest.

Cheers,
Scott