[SciPy-user] FEM sol interpolation

Ondrej Certik ondrej@certik...
Wed Feb 25 03:57:40 CST 2009

Hi Bernardo!

On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 5:48 AM, Bernardo M. Rocha
<bernardo.rocha@meduni-graz.at> wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I would like to know how can I interpolate some data (a FEM solution)
> from a coarse grid to a finer grid....
>
> I would like to do something like (available in FEMLAB/COMSOL):
>
> u_int = postinterp(fem_sol, 'u', p_ref);
>
> Where fem_sol is my solution at some coarse grid and p_ref is my
> reference mesh (where I also have a fem_ref solution defined).
>
> If this is not clear, I need to compute e = fem_ref - fem_sol.

Depending on your FEM, you need to implement projections of the
solution. Which software are you developing? If you want, feel free to
ask and discuss any such questions on our hp-FEM list here (CCing
there):

http://groups.google.com/group/hpfem

or browser what we do in our group:

http://hpfem.org/

we are always looking for new collaborators and people to work with.

Ondrej