[SciPy-user] Can scipy resolve this problem?

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Wed Jan 7 02:39:20 CST 2009

On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 02:29, zhang chi <zhangchipr@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you, the two function anneal, brute in scipy can resolve this problem?

For anneal(), you will have to implement an appropriate annealing
schedule that only picks values in your discrete domain, but you have
to do it carefully. Note that brute() just loops over all of the
possibilities, which you say will take too much time. It is entirely
possible that anneal() will take at least as many evaluations as the
brute force search, so you should wrap your evaluation function inside
another function that will cache the results.

If you only have to solve this problem once, just start doing the
brute force search now. It will probably take as long to develop a
correct annealing schedule as to just exhaustively search.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco