[SciPy-user] Scipy 0.7, weave, windows

josef.pktd@gmai... josef.pktd@gmai...
Thu Jan 8 12:12:31 CST 2009

On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 12:37 PM, David Cournapeau <cournape@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 9, 2009 at 1:13 AM,  <josef.pktd@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> When testing weave with 'full', weave usually looks pretty good. It
>> leaves a lot of temp files behind, but  I don't get any failures or
>> errors. (after test with cout crash is removed)
>
> Hm, strange. I tried on another machine, and I still get a lot of
> those failures... Not the same though. Which compilers have you
> installed on your computer ? Do you have any MS compilers installed ?

Essentially only the official MingW 3.4.5, I also have an older
dev-cpp with separate MingW which is on the Windows path behind the
official MingW.

I also installed some time ago  Microsoft Visual 2005 Express Edition.
But I never use it, since it's not compatible with python. (I don't
have 2003 Edition)

In general, setuptools and MingW work very well, so I never needed to
dig more into the compilation details. (The only exception is that I
don't have Boost for MingW, since there is no premade installer.) My
compiler knowledge is almost only cut and paste and `setup.py bdist`.

Josef